Monday, February 25, 2008

Church

So was just lying awake in bed and thinking and figured it was worth writing down..
I was just pondering.. I do this a a regular basis.. I haven't been to church in a while for many reasons.. Which I spose is not uncommon for me lately.
Church is never something I've really connected with.. I go because.. well.. it's expected. And the company that it provides is pretty good.
Everyone thinks that you can't be christian if you don't go to church..
but besides the occasional really good service, if anything it gives me more reason to think religion is stupid than help me grow in it. Don't get me wrong.. I know church is everything to some people and I'm not trying to take that away from them or anything it's just not how I connect. All I see is the hypocrisy, the manipulation, the crap that's just kind of appeared after millions of years of people interpreting things differently. And it's not just in my church it's in every church.. and it makes my brain hurt.
So I have decided this, I believe in God, Jesus etc. However I do not believe in church. this does not mean that I won't go.. because I do think it's important to be amongst a christian community, and Ben Chongs an alright kid too(ha snap). but sitting down and listening to someone tell me how i should be making my life better, what i should be doing more, how I should be living, what i should be saying to people, just doesn't help me..
that person who is speaking might be right..
and I might agree with what there saying, but how do I know.
I don't.
Rant over.

5 comments:

Kyla said...

I agree with you to some degree.. church can be hyporitical and often doesn't look like what I want christianity to look like, but at the same time I think it's so important to have some kind of "church"... a group of christians gathered together to worship God.

Of course I believe you can be a christian without going to an institutional church, but I think there needs to be some sense of accountability, study, prayer and worship in your life. Whether that's through a small group, church or a few close friendships I don't think it matters, but I do think there should be a regular commitment to something here and now...

I don't know if I really got across what I wanted to say, and I could happily talk about it for a while longer but I guess I'll leave it there. Nice blog. xox

B.C. said...

How do you feel about small groups? Have you searched for house churches? Do you have a green apple for me?

You're an alright kid too. Miss seeing you around town, hopefully we will cross paths again soon.

I know what you mean about missing the connection or flat out disagreeing with the message, but I don't think I see it as having someone tell me how to live. I see it as someone telling me how they want themselves to live, and if I agree, I might take something from it. If I don't, that's ok too. I also want to get the chance to also tell people about what I think. You should do ministry with me. I'd come to your sermons.

Anonymous said...

we think to much alike.
i posted a blog similar to this on myspace like months ago.
thats insane.
i mean,
we're sisters.
but we dont have the same brain.
WHY DO WE THINK ALIKE.

thats scary.
yep.

anddddd.
i aggree.
you dont need to go to church to be christian,
i dont think the bible even tells you to go to church.
it tells you keep the sabbath holy.
and i think it also says to surround yourself by christians.
but thats about it?
but i wouldnt actually know.

okay so i went back and reread my blog.
it isnt that similar.
but i've had what you wrote in my head for atleast a year and a half.
haha.. aka the amount of time i havent been to church.

anyway.
back to homework.
goodnight xo.

Anonymous said...

Haha makes your brain hurt, but im glad ya learnt something kiddo.
Its like ya took a leaf out of my book, just dont take the whole bloody tree cause i no were you live.

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the DVD e CD, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://dvd-e-cd.blogspot.com. A hug.