Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Sick Sick Sick

Hmmm.... ok. so. don't really have a lot to blog about considering I have barley left my house in the last three weeks...

I had I think the flu or something similar which sucked but it was kinda getting better then it got worse again like over night or something, I don't really remember and it doesn't really matter...
I ended up in the emergency department of The Angles hospital on Friday night.. and just so you know.. if you ever need urgent medical assistance.. do not go to the emergency department.. we sat in the waiting room for like an hour..

Wasn't to bad cos Jamie Oliver was on TV and we all know how much I love Jamie.
would have been better if he wasn't cooking food considering I had been deprived of food for the past 4 days due to me lacking the ability to swallow.. hence the reason I was in hospital.
Then a nurse person calls my name and I'm like "sweet, shortest wait ever".
So yeah she showed us to a cubical thing you know with a bed and all that hospital stuff.. takes my temperature asks all the usual questions.. then leaves us there..
for another TWO hours, with no TV, no nothing! Stupid, stupid, stupid!
So after waiting for like my entire life the doctor comes, and he is like not a day over 18.. and he asks another million questions most of which the nurse had already asked while I sit there and try work out how old he must actually be to be a doctor and answer his questions at the same time, 25 minimum. Crazy.

So this doctor who like couldn't even get into a night club is like "ok so I think we should take some blood and get you tested for glandular fever because you either have that or tonsillitis and an IV with a litre of water because you'll be dehydrated and some antibiotics, alright?" and thinks that's gonna be ok because he has a Scottish accent.. but anyway to cut a long story short I ended up letting him stab me with his needles...
and in return he laughed at me!
I'm like about to cry with fear and hes sitting there getting all his little bits and pieces ready smiling to himself trying not to laugh..
then when he takes my blood he's like "oh why is it green?"
the kid thinks he's funny.

So I sit there for like an hour with a freaking needle in my arm and the nurse is like going of on tangents about not kissing people or sharing drinks because you can get glandular fever and then about hep A, B and C and blah blah blah... whatever

Then 'Mr.-I-don't-even-call-myself -'doctor'-cos-no one-believes-me-when-I-do' came back and told me with of course, a smile, that I have glandular fever and I'm not aloud to do anything for at least a month and I'll feel like crap for a whole lot longer than that.
I told him we weren't friends for 5 minutes.
He told me I couldn't go to surf camp either.
So there you have it. my life is over...
oh and I might fail year 12 this being the week that like everything is due and all.
that's all from me for now
say hi to your mum for me
peace.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ahhh so thats the full story, pretty funny, suks to be you tho. Youll be right in the end princess.

B.C. said...

That all sucks kirsty. Have missed seeing you round. Hope everything's going as well as it can, and you're coping ok. Shall talk to you soon.

PS. Your sarcasm amuses.
PPS. But not as much as your face.
PPPS. I challenge you to a dual.

Peace. Much love.

B.C. said...

Make that duel.

Anonymous said...

Oi, achei seu blog pelo google está bem interessante gostei desse post. Gostaria de falar sobre o CresceNet. O CresceNet é um provedor de internet discada que remunera seus usuários pelo tempo conectado. Exatamente isso que você leu, estão pagando para você conectar. O provedor paga 20 centavos por hora de conexão discada com ligação local para mais de 2100 cidades do Brasil. O CresceNet tem um acelerador de conexão, que deixa sua conexão até 10 vezes mais rápida. Quem utiliza banda larga pode lucrar também, basta se cadastrar no CresceNet e quando for dormir conectar por discada, é possível pagar a ADSL só com o dinheiro da discada. Nos horários de minuto único o gasto com telefone é mínimo e a remuneração do CresceNet generosa. Se você quiser linkar o Cresce.Net(www.provedorcrescenet.com) no seu blog eu ficaria agradecido, até mais e sucesso. (If he will be possible add the CresceNet(www.provedorcrescenet.com) in your blogroll I thankful, bye friend).

Anonymous said...

kirst...youse is way grouse as,, but surf camp without you will not be, by any stretch of the imagination...
love you
much to talk about...not all good though...
xx berniius

Anonymous said...

Wow, that really sux... You half told me about it while I was down in Melbourne. Its true though, glandular fever used to be referred to as the kissing disease. Haha. Look out Grant.

Steve